Post Event Info
Hope everyone had a great SOS. Artists, please don’t forget to pick up your balloons and signage.
Please join the planning crew and fellow artists at a Wrap-Up Sip & Chat Reception,
Tuesday, May 16, from 6 to 8 pm at the Somerville Museum, One Westwood Road.
You may pick up your First Look Show art during the reception, or on the following two evenings, Wednesday and Thursday, May 17 and 18, from 6 to 8 pm.
If you want someone to pick up your piece for you – please email firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the person’s name and permission. They must have an ID matching your email.
Art Pickup Times are often on the Calls for art page, or available on the
Google Calendar of all SOS-related events
Calls for art are here. (All deadlines have now passed, though pickup information is there..)
Consider volunteering (email email@example.com).
If you can help fill map stands or can put up posters, let us know by filling out the volunteer survey!
Heather Balchunas of the Somerville Arts Council and Alison Drasner of the Somerville Museum have produced a list of Top 10 Tips to Have a Successful Open Studios. See also the Artists’ Tookit pages on the Museum website for more tips.
- Workshop: The Price is Right, The Art of the SaleSomerville Museum Tuesday, April 18, 2023 • 5-7 pm. How should I price my work? As artists, this can be an all-too familiar phrase and cyclical scenario. In this panel discussion, studio director and gallery professionals, Lynn Gervens (MudFlat Pottery Studio) and Marie Craig (Fountain Gallery), will define best industry practices, answer frequently asked questions about the selling process. (Click Header for information and registration information)
- Call for Art: 2023 Locavore Show – Good Enough to Eat!Locavore shows are returning to SOS in 2023! This year’s theme is Good Enough to Eat! The focus of this Locavore show, to be held at Neighborhood Produce, 691 Broadway in Ball Square, is on groceries and provision of food. This includes portrayal of the food itself, as well as food insecurity, sourcing food, shopping or providing food. Submissions may be literal or symbolic, representational or abstract, painted, drawn, sculpted, photographic or multi-media. The show will be on display from April 29 to May 14, 2023. Submission deadline is Noon on April 10 2023. (Click title for more info)
- Call for Art: 2023 First Look ExhibitFriday, April 21 – Saturday, May 13 Somerville Museum • 1 Westwood Road. (Artists Reception, Thursday, April 20, 6-8 pm) This show is open to all 2023 SOS registered artists. We strongly recommend participating in this non-juried group show – many studio visitors plan their trip based on what they see here. Click Header for more information.
- Call for Art: 2023 Inside-Out Gallery ShowSomerville Open Studios, the Somerville Arts Council, and the Inside-OUT Gallery (the Davis Square CVS display windows) once again welcome seasoned members and newcomers alike to submit pieces for the annual SOS members’ exhibit. While all works will be considered, we do encourage applicants to respond to this year’s theme. Submission deadline is March 30. (Click title for more info)
- Call for Art: 2023 Volunteer Small Works ShowDid you volunteer for SOS? Then you can submit to the Volunteer Show. The SOS 2023 Volunteer Show will be a Small Works exhibit, where your work illustrates the idea that a piece of art may be small in scale, but compelling in impact! Submission deadline is NOON on March 30, 2023. All SOS members who have volunteered within the last three years are invited to submit a piece for this exhibit. All mediums will be considered, but the dimensions may not exceed 10”x10”. (Click title for more info)