2022 Somerville Open Studios – Theme: Space
Submission Deadline: March 19, 2022
The SOS Event Committee is seeking work to be used for the Map cover, poster, postcard, museum banner and social media applications. It must evoke our 2022 theme of SPACE. There will be a single stipend of $250 if submitted artwork is selected for use.
SPACE What started as a discussion about the loss of art and maker spaces in Somerville evolved into a meditation about space – space to live, space to create and explore. During the pandemic our spaces became entwined – for some, work and home became one and beyond our “pods”, human interaction was virtual or socially distant – “six feet plus please”. In art, space is one of the basic elements – the area within the picture plane – positive and negative. This year Somerville artists will allow the public into their scared spaces to see where and how art is made for the first time since Covid became a household word. Let’s savor our spaces for as long as we have them.
- Art must represent the theme – it can be an existing piece, or one created especially for this call.
- Art must fit the parameters of the Map Guide with the understanding there will be text placement and trimming. Please see past Map Guides or email us for reference on dimensions for trim areas. https://www.somervilleopenstudios.org/about/sos_history
- Your art can have words but please understand we will have to add more.
- You can submit up to three images/sketches. If you are submitting a sketch and are chosen – final art must be delivered by March 22, 2022. This is a short window.
- All final images must be full color high resolution – 300+ dpi
Please submit and/or If you have any questions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org