In Person Exhibits (indoors)
Although SOS weekend is over, consider visiting some of our exhibits, in person or virtual.
- The SOS 2021 Last Look Show at the Somerville Museum, One Westwood Road, June 5-27, 2021 (Map #22)
Hours: Thursday 2-7 pm; Friday 2-5 pm; Saturday and Sunday, 12-5 pm
- Small Works Show at 1 Bow Market Way (Union Square), space #26 (second floor), through June 30, 2021 (Map #38)
Hours: Thursday-Saturday, 11 am – 6 pm; Sunday-Wednesday, 11 am – 5 pm
The Somerville Open Studios Artist Pages have been updated with over 250 member artists in all art mediums. See the artists’ recent works, video introductions, links to social media, and individual portfolios.
Many artists have made short videos about their art and process.
We’re in the process of editing the live stream interview from the event. Stay tuned for more information.
Live Stream Interviews Include: Jim Baab, Carolyn Muskat, Eric Bornstein, Mary Jane RotchFord, Liz LaManche, Chris Gill, Matt Carrano, Nathaniel Devarie, Kolika (Glass Paper Scissors), Sholeh, Aliza Arzt, Nora Maynard, Kelvy Bird, Alison Dransner, Chie Yasuda, Katherine Carton, Three Graces Designs, Josephine Turalbla, Pat Iverson (Beads without end), Katya Popova
Somerville Open Studios, a city-wide traditional open studios event across the city of Somerville, Massachusetts, was held virtual and in-person the first weekend of May, 2021.
Saturday, May 1, 12 – 6 pm
100+ artists had set-ups outside of their homes, in parking lots, on porches, or on the sidewalk. You can browse Artist Profiles of artists who displayed In-Person.
This year, SOS also had two outdoor Community Spaces featuring multiple artists, at SomerNova (alley off Dane Street) and outside Arts at the Armory (191 Highland Avenue).
- Inside-Out Gallery at 1 Davis Square (CVS windows), through May 16, 2021 (Map #7)
Outdoors. Juried by the Somerville Arts Council.
- the art house in Powderhouse Square, a pop-up gallery at 862 Broadway (next door to Subway), through May 30, 2021 (Map #9)
Juried by Kate Kostopoulos / Chase Young Gallery in Boston.
- Brickbottom Gallery at One Fitchburg Street: Recycle, Remake, Reimagine show, through May 15, 2021 (Map #41)
- Somerville Museum at One Westwood Road: David Campbell’s show The Art of Observation, through May 22, 2021 (Map #22)