The SOS Virtual Team is seeking art for our reception in Topia on April 29, 2021, 6-9 pm. Deadline April 15th.
You will need the Chrome browser to attend. Download Google Chrome – it only takes a minute to download and you don’t need to have a Google account to use it. Once we have confirmed the log in details, we’ll send out an email and post the information here.
This is a party! Once you appear in the space, walk around to see who’s there and what the space looks like. Wander around and enjoy yourself.
- It’s a videoconferencing site with a spatial aspect that allows you to move around and join conversations by proximity.
- Headphones aren’t required but they’re a good idea.
- As you walk towards a group, the video and audio will fade in. As you walk away, it’ll fade out.
- If more than 10 people gather together in one space, it gets a little glitchy and you may not be able to see everyone.
- If your video hangs, try walking away from a group and back.
- To navigate, use your arrow keys to move a short distances and click on a destination to walk somewhere far away.
- To zoom in and out, use your browser’s zoom function (command or ctrl +/- , usually)
- Turn off any adblockers or content blockers for the window you’re using.
- You can’t turn off your own camera, but you can cover it. Do this if you’re stepping away from the party for a moment.
- To leave, close the browser tab.